Be an Angel
The Angel Tree program’s goal is to provide children, ages newborn – 12 years of age with at least one new outfit this Christmas season. Angel Tree tags represent area children whose parents have applied for assistance. During the last weeks of October volunteers and Salvation Army staff interview families and fill out Angel tags with a child’s information and needs. Angel Tree tags are then distributed to local businesses, organizations, families and individuals. It is your generosity that enables us to provide these children with a warm winter coat, new shoes, a school uniform and/or a new outfit. Children are often part of larger families and so we ask that rather than buy an abundance of gifts for one child, consider taking additional tags. This will help to ensure that every child is provided for and siblings receive approximatley the same number of gifts. Gifts are returned to The Salvation Army or designated drop off sites. Volunteers and staff distribute your gifts to families in December. The Angel Tree program is helping to provide a merry Christmas, one child at a time.
The Salvation Army Angel Tree Guidelines
- Request the number of children (tags) that you believe you will be able to provide for.
- Provide a Tree for Angel Tree Tags, representing area children, to be hung on. If you do not have room for a tree, you may set up a special display or hand out Angel Tags to individuals.
- Help to promote the program. Position tree/display so we can optimize potential customer’s participation.
- Inform your staff of the program so they can answer questions or guide inquiring customers to the correct resources.
- Inform donors of the drop off locations and gift deadlines.
- If you are a public site, please help to monitor the gift barrels making sure that nothing is removed from them by anyone other than a Salvation Army worker. Contact your Salvation Army representative for pick-up of gifts.
- Gifts must be returned to The Salvation Army by the date specified on each tag.
- Gift should not be wrapped; however wrapping paper, tape or bows may be included. (Wrapped gifts will be unwrapped)
If you have any questions or concerns, please direct your questions to Timothy Smith at:
260-744-2311 ext. 214 or email@example.com
This is NOT a sales promotion. Please feel free to stop in to Glenbrook Hyundai and pick up an Angel Tree tag. As previously mentioned, this tag is a gift for a REAL, SPECIFIC child in our area. No car purchase is necessary. Glenbrook Hyundai wants to share with the less fortunate this time of year. Also, a portion of every car purchase between now and December 13th will go toward the purchase of gifts for the Angel Tree program. If you are able, please stop in and make a special holiday season for the less fortunate.
Glenbrook Hyundai 4801 Coldwater Road Fort Wayne, IN 46825