Hyundai changed the auto industry last year with the introduction of the all new Hyundai Sonata. In Fort Wayne Toyota, Honda, Nissan and Kia started shaking when the new Hyundai Elantra was revealed. Now, the fun continues with the 2012 Hyundai Veloster. The Veloster is changing the coupe market. The Veloster has the looks of the coupe with the versitility of the sedan. Here is some more valuable information on the exciting new Hyundai Veloster:
Advanced Technology Three Door-Coupe Features Hyundai Blue Link®and 40 MPG
Jan. 10, 2011 – The 2012 Veloster delivers innovation to the compact coupe segment with a unique third door for easy rear-seat access, Hyundai’s Blue Link telematics system, Pandora internet radio with seven-inch touch-screen display, and a new 1.6-liter direct-injected four-cylinder engine mated to Hyundai’s first EcoShift™ dual-clutch transmission.
HIGHLIGHTS FOR 2012 VELOSTER
- All-new three-door coupe design
- Coupe design with the functionality of a hatch and a passenger-side forward-hinged rear door
- All-new 1.6-liter GDI Gamma engine paired with proprietary Hyundai six-speed manual transmission and Hyundai’s first EcoShift dual-clutch transmission
- 40 mpg highway
- Better highway fuel efficiency than Honda CR-Z Hybrid
- Standard multi-function seven-inch touch-screen display
- Pandora® internet radio capability
- Gracenote® display technology with voice recognition
- Video game console connectivity with 115-volt power outlet
- Bluetooth® hands-free phone system with voice recognition
- Standard Blue Link telematics platform
- Blue Link Assurance provides a free introductory period of complementary core safety services including Automatic Crash Notification (ACN) and Assistance, SOS Emergency Assistance, and Enhanced Roadside Assistance.
- Blue Link Essentials provides Voice Text Messaging, Remote Door Unlock / Lock, Remote Horn & Lights, Panic Notification, Remote Vehicle Start, Alarm Notification, Quick Tips, Location Sharing, Automated Diagnostic Trouble Code Notification, Maintenance Alert, Monthly Vehicle Report, Recall Advisor, Web Vehicle Diagnostics, Stolen Vehicle Recovery, Stolen Vehicle Slowdown, Vehicle Immobilization, Valet Alert, Geofence, Speed Alert, Curfew
- Blue Link Guidance provides Turn-by-Turn Navigation, POI Search by advanced voice recognition system, POI Web Search & Download, Daily Route Guidance with Traffic Condition, Traffic, Gas Station Locations & Gas Prices, Eco-Coach, Restaurant Ratings, Weather
Veloster is the sixth vehicle in Hyundai’s 24/7 version 2.0 product initiative (seven new models in 24 months), on the heels of the all-new Tucson, Sonata, Equus, Elantra and the all-new Accent. The 2012 Veloster poses some intriguing questions:
- Why can’t a sporty coupe get 40 miles per gallon?
- Why can’t a car have the same connectivity as portable electronic devices?
- Why does coupe design dictate only two doors?
- Why can’t an affordable coupe offer premium features?
Why can’t Hyundai have two coupes – a playful front-wheel drive model targeting the likes of Mini Cooper and Scion tC to complement the sport-focused, rear-wheel drive Genesis Coupe?
Get more information today at Glenbrook Hyundai, the Happy Car Store in Fort Wayne, Indiana.