Fort Wayne car buyers are always wondering…”Should I sell my car on my own or trade it in at the dealership?” Glenbrook Hyundai, the Happy Car Store is more than happy to help with that decision.
First of all, The Happy Car Store is a full disclosure dealership. We would be happy to show you figures either way. Glenbrook Hyundai would love to have your trade-in. Obviously, we have the ability to re-sell any cars that we take on trade.
Here are the benefits of selling your car on you own:
- Typically a consumer has the ability to sell their vehicle for a little more money that what a dealer will offer for trade.
- No dealer overhead to contend with
- Negotiate directly with the buyer
Some benefits to consider for trading in your vehicle are:
- Fast and convenient
- No advertising costs
- No calls/emails/visits to your home
- Pay less sales tax in Indiana
- No extra costs for reconditioning
- No hassles from the buyer if something goes wrong with the car
- It typically takes 90 days for a dealer to sell a nice car…sell it on your own and you pay for 3 months extra insurance, payments, advertising, etc
- You don’t have to have the vehicle completely paid off to sell it. The dealer can pay it off and get the title from your bank. Consumers typically want to get the title in hand when paying for the vehicle.
- Leave the selling to the professionals, typically consumers are professional buyers not sellers.
- Most used cars are financed and you don’t have the ability to secure financing for the potential buyer.
All things considered, if you can sell your vehicle for thousands more than what a dealer will give you, then that is the only logical decision. With all of the cars that Glenbrook Hyundai looks at, it seems, most customers would only gain a few hundred dollars for their time and efforts. Some would even spend more to advertise, re-condition, and sell their vehicle on their own.
If you are wondering what you could sell your own vehicle for, www.kbb.com is a great guide to use. If you are in the area, please feel free to stop in to the Happy Car Store on Coldwater Road in Fort Wayne, next to Red Lobster. We would be more than happy to offer you a no cost, no obligation appraisal on your vehicle so you know exactly what it is worth. Also, if you aren’t interested in buying a new car, Glenbrook Hyundai always needs inventory. We may be willing to purchase your car straight out.